Monday 4 May 2015

Mid Century MODERN Breeze Blocks


I find inspiration in the strangest places.  One night I could not sleep after being awoken by Falter screaming that awful cat/child yowl, no doubt directed at a raccoon or some other animal going about its nightly adventures.  It was about 2 a.m. and the house was quiet... my mind racing here, there and everywhere.  I decided to peruse Pinterest.  It has become an obsession, all those pretty images.  Minutes become hours.


Not sure how I happened upon concrete breeze blocks, but the moment I did I knew it was a quilt pattern.  These blocks come in so many designs you could easily create a book around them.

Later... not that night mind you, I drafted the block, and after some math difficulty and a test block that ended up wonky, I figured it out.


I have been in Business School for the past month learning how to start a proper business. I am restricted from saying more by the government rules, honestly I am not kidding, but if you stay tuned you will hear more... shortly.

2 comments: