Sunday 19 April 2015

Scrappy Cross... Quilted

 Here are some pictures of my scrappy cross quilt... quilted.

The background is a bright yellow linen that I cannot get to translate well in photos.  My specialty is quilts and as much I think I can do everything, clearly I have much to learn when it comes to successfully using a camera.  Flash shows the colour, no flash shows the quilting... you can see what I opted for.


playing with linear pattern 
the texture of linen is delicious

thread is variegated

I heard modern quilts did not allow for variegated thread... no need to remind everyone what happens when I hear a quilt "rule"
backing fabric and binding done with yellow gingham

The quote is: "I am not afraid.  I was meant to do this." Joan of Arc (apparently, though who can know for sure - being a history major causes all sorts of untold mental grief).

No comments:

Post a Comment