Wednesday 13 May 2015

*** from doodle to design ***


Today instead of being sucked into the endless vortex of images that is Pinterest (not that I mind, I do adore a good dose of Pinterest)... I decided to doodle. Coffee, lots of paper and a fresh Sharpie, no need to change out of pjs yet.

Machine quilting is experimenting with shapes and designs.  If you can doodle, you can machine quilt. We over think things. Tap into your high school self who endlessly doodled in every available space, whether your notes on foolscap or inside a textbook.  (Aaah the smell of fresh foolscap in the morning...)

It is a word... look it up !     http://www.thefreedictionary.com/foolscap

Recently I have been watching Karlee Porter draw and then quilt her graffiti designs which are amazing.  I have always doodled flowers so this time instead of stopping at a few repeats I carried on until I ran out of space.

Now to practice on the long arm... I feel it is going to be TOTALLY AWESOME !!! Growing up in the 80s never truly leaves you.





No comments:

Post a Comment