Monday 29 June 2015

Teaching post apocalyptic life skills...


My niece Ella is 9 years old.  Last week she called to ask if she could sleep over.  Usually this would be fine, she loves to spend time with her cousins, however they were not going to be home.  I mentioned this.  She said I know, I want to come anyway and we can crochet and quilt.

Who is this kid???

I agreed to the sleepover, still surprised but curious.

Ella arrived, ready to get crafting so I suggested a simple nine patch block.  I believe in being set up to succeed!  I offered a precut stack of 5" squares... she selected fabrics for her first block... scrappy.


She picked up sewing like a pro, pinning and ironing too.  I showed her how to do one seam, one... and she was off and running.




One patch done, we retired for the evening.  The next day she decided to do one more, which turned into 3... we all know what this means...


Hallelujah another quilter is born !

In a post apocalyptic world, she will be able to keep her family warm :P








No comments:

Post a Comment