Friday 1 August 2014

Why is the Union Jack such a compelling design?


This is the Union Jack Quilt I made for my daughter... both she and I absolutely love it !  She asked me to make a block for the front sleeve of her school binder, which I did, and then found I could not stop.  Forget Lay's Potato Chips or whoever said once you pop you can't stop... they did not mean potato chips, they meant these Union Jack blocks.

While I would love to keep this for my own Lou has waited many years for a new quilt, not to mention the fact that Soapy Soap Lola of previous posts has two quilts with a third on the way and she is only 1.

Never one to be left out, I also had to try the Union Jack block in traditional colours, to make sure it worked out properly of course and this is mine :)


Now I have had two family requests for this quilt. One from my Aunt Jac, she likes the soft vintage Laura Ashley look and two, from my sister Jac (Mum of Lola), who wants hers in Kaffe Fassett.  Wouldn't that be delicious :)


No comments:

Post a Comment