Friday 29 August 2014

I did it... I tried the Disappearing Hourglass...

...and I am addicted.

I confess I can be a quilt snob at times.  My friend Leslie showed me this block which she had taught to her mother-in-law.  At first I may, perhaps, have rolled my eyes a teensy bit.  Terrible to admit but I fall into this superiority trap from time to time. Since then I have had to admit I might have been wrong, it has been known to happen, let us not get into numbers on that.

So... one day while Leslie was on vacation, I went over for a sewing day.  Given that I am spending a lot of time on other people's quilts I decided to do something for me.  I had some white cotton and a few pretty floral fat quarters and I thought I'd give this Disappearing Hourglass a try.  Purely to see what all the fuss was about you understand :P

Well once I had done one, there was no stopping.  It is completely addictive.  (hmm I recall saying this about the Union Jack block... good thing my addiction is limited to fabric !)

These are the blocks I have so far.  They are my treat after a day of work on my fledgling business.  I listen to a podcast, from CBC or BBC, and sew and cut and sew and cut and sew again.  This block never fails to delight.

If you haven't already, give it a try.  I am certain you will not be disappointed :)  And let me know if it has the same effect on you !




No comments:

Post a Comment