Sunday 10 August 2014

Cream and Razors?



There are times when you realize wait one cotton picking second, where is my quilt?  I have two tops that I specifically made for me and for my bed.  My bed currently has a second hand, store bought coverlet on it.  Please do not judge.  I may need professional help for my habit of putting others ahead of myself.

To remedy this sad state, I carved out enough time to quilt my own quilt.  It is my experiment with neutrals.  I am not sure how truly neutral it is, but that is part of the fun.

One of the fabrics used in the quilt has the oddest sayings on it.  It is the Little Red Riding Hood fabric (used in cream in the squares and turquoise in the binding).  It says "Patent Tempered Razors... Set and Sharpened... Ready to Use" as well as "Receive into your Custody the Body of George Swann".  Odd.  Well more than odd, slightly disturbing, but I love it !  Consequently I have named this quilt Cream and Razors.

I used my new machine quilting pattern, which is also on Lou's Union Jack... Oysters on the Half Shell and a quote from Eleanor Roosevelt: "You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face.  You must do the thing you think you cannot do."

Given that is it my birthday on the 16th and I will be 45, I am determined to lead the life I want and I will be doing the thing I think I cannot do, daily, to that end.

How much of your life can you run from being who you are when who you are is what you were meant to be?





No comments:

Post a Comment