Thursday 8 January 2015

Swiss Cross - the finale (for now...)

Swiss Cross part 3... as though you had not heard enough.

This is what can happen in the days after Christmas, what I feel are an endless stream of Sundays.  If one does not choose to shop, clean the piles of dishes and pots, put away decorations... sewing is a lovely option :)

After I had made the two blocks shown in an earlier post, I had to see what more blocks would look like.

I used the cream and red fabrics I already had....

Eventually I ended up with 12, one reversed in the interest of variety.  My curiosity is endless.

Here is my Swiss Cross Quilt !

On my kitchen table, yes I swept the floor before taking these pics

The quilt measures approximately 60" square, off white quilted in the off white/cream and red quilted in the red.  The cream on cream did do a number on my eyes though until I got used to it !  I continued the cream/cream and red/red in the bobbin but it does not show up strongly on the reverse but I know it is there.

My eyes are not what they used to be, honestly they were never great

I used the remaining reds to create the binding and the backing is an IKEA red and white botanical print.

Trying more simple modern quilting designs, started as doodles on paper

I hope you were able to enjoy a week of Sundays as well, stay tuned to this channel for continued news of what else I accomplished during the week of Sundays.

Thanks to my sister for letting me play with her cool camera !





No comments:

Post a Comment