Thursday 18 September 2014

How do you know it is Fall ?

I know because I pick up my crochet hook again... yarns in bowls and baskets and on tables and chairs... and I am continually trying to remember where I left my crochet hook, luckily I have a pottery mug full of spares.

This week I was asked to make a couple of crocheted items.  As soon as I could get myself to the yarn shop, I did.  I spent a few hours blissed out among the baskets and baskets of yarn.  "This could go with this or that and then you could add this and oooo look at this one."  Now before you ask who went with me, I went with myself.  I was muttering like a mad woman, crooning over my cart of yarns.  There were at least a few other people there doing the same, at least I prefer to think of it that way.

I picked up Bernat Blanket yarn to make this:



And some more Bernat (Supervalue and Premium) to make this:



Crocheted pumpkins are my kryptonite. I am powerless to do anything but make more and more and more of them.  Big, medium, small, solid orange, variegated, white, grey even.

These are the ones I made a few years ago for our Thanksgiving table at my sister's house, so you can get an idea of their tremendous potential !  But be forewarned, these lovely wee things can lead to disputes over who gets which one, or ones.  We did have to regularly venture into my niece Ella's room to reclaim those she had decided were hers, which was nearly all of them.


But enough of my chatter, I have things to do, things to do... I am coming my pumpykins, I am coming...















No comments:

Post a Comment